Panch Pargana Kisan College, Bundu is situated in an atmosphere of
natural splendour along National Highway 33 in Bundu sub-division
under Ranchi district of Jharkhand State. The history of the college
is, in fact, the history of beginning of a new enlightening spirit in
the field of education in this region. The word "Panch Pargana" in
the name of the college stands for the region consisting of Bundu,
Tamar, Rahe, Sonahatu and Barenda while the other word "Kisan" has
been added in the former word in the name of the college to indicate
the dense population of farmers in this area.
At the early stage, teaching in
all the important subject of Arts was imparted in the college.
Affiliation up to Intermediate level in 1978 and and affiliation
up to degree level in 1980 were granted to the college by the
Government of Bihar. Progressing day by day on the path of
development, the college became a constituent unit of Ranchi
University, Ranchi in 1986. In 1989 the college was registered
under 2 (F) and 12 (B) Sections of UGC Act 1956.